Topic 9: E – Simple Linear Regression (Inference)
CO-7: Use statistical software to analyze public health data.
The following video illustrates inference in Case QQ where we are investigating the association between two quantitative variables using regression. We are adding a few new items to our exploratory analysis from earlier. The following files are associated with this video.
- DATASET USED:
- SPSS OUTPUT CREATED:
- Menus and Steps Used:
- Double-click on the SPSS dataset (STEP3) to open SPSS with that data loaded
- ANALYZE – REGRESSION – LINEAR
- Drag the quantitative RESPONSE variables into the DEPENDENT variable list
- Drag the quantitative EXPLANATORY variables into the INDEPENDENT variable list
- Go through STATISTICS and PLOTS as directed
- Save SPSS output by going to the output and File – Save or by closing SPSS and following the prompts
This document is linked from our main SPSS page under Software.