Topic 7: C – Two Sample T-Test
CO-7: Use statistical software to analyze public health data.
The following video illustrates inference conducting a two-sample t-test for independent samples in SPSS.
- DATASET USED:
- SPSS OUTPUT CREATED:
- Menus and Steps Used:
- Double-click on the SPSS dataset (STEP6) to open SPSS with that data loaded
- ANALYZE – COMPARE MEANS – INDEPENDENT SAMPLES T-TEST.
- Drag quantitative variable into the test variable
- Drag categorical variable into the grouping variable and define groups based upon the raw data values
- Click OK
- Save SPSS output by going to the output and File – Save or by closing SPSS and following the prompts
This document is linked from our main SPSS page under Software.