Topic 9: D – Simple Linear Regression – EDA
CO-7: Use statistical software to analyze public health data.
The following video illustrates exploratory data analysis in Case QQ where we wish to investigate the relationship between two quantitative variables using simple linear regression. The relationship should be linear in order for this method to be appropriate. We will use ANALYZE – REGRESSION – LINEAR in SPSS to accomplish this task. The following files are associated with this video.
- DATASET USED:
- SPSS OUTPUT CREATED:
- Menus and Steps Used:
- Double-click on the SPSS dataset (STEP3) to open SPSS with that data loaded
- ANALYZE – REGRESSION – LINEAR
- Drag the quantitative RESPONSE variables into the DEPENDENT variable list
- Drag the quantitative EXPLANATORY variables into the INDEPENDENT variable list
- Later we will discuss STATISTICS, PLOTS, and SAVE but for now we only Click OK to see the default results
- Save SPSS output by going to the output and File – Save or by closing SPSS and following the prompts
This document is linked from our main SPSS page under Software.