Topic 2: A – Basic Data Settings
CO-7: Use statistical software to analyze public health data.
The following video illustrates checking and correcting the basics settings of an SPSS dataset using the Variable View. The following files are associated with this video.
- DATASET USED:
- SPSS Format – SAV (originally imported via EXCEL)
- Should be the same as PULSE_XLSX.SAV
- SPSS DATASET CREATED:
- Menus and Steps Used:
- Double-click on the SPSS dataset to open SPSS with that data loaded
- Go to the variable view (if needed)
- We discuss the columns: Decimals, Columns, Measure (Nominal, Ordinal, or Scale), Name, Type, Width, Align, Role
- Note: Label and Values will be discussed in other videos
- Save changes to your SPSS dataset using File – Save or by closing SPSS and following the prompts. We save the result as STEP1
This document is linked from our main SPSS page under Software.