Topic 1: A – Importing Data from an EXCEL file
CO-7: Use statistical software to analyze public health data.
The following video illustrates importing data from an EXCEL file and saving it into an SPSS dataset. The following files are associated with this video.
Note: If you get any errors with importing excel files, especially if the error sounds like a file format error or similar, try saving the file as a new name in your version of EXCEL, possibly try updating to .xlsx format. Sometimes this will solve the problem.
- ORIGINAL DATASET VERSIONS:
- SPSS DATASET CREATED:
- Menus and Steps Used:
- Opening Dialog Box – “Open another file …” in the Recent Files box
- Choose “Excel Data” from the Files of Type drop-down menu
- Browse for and open the file
- Save the dataset into SPSS format by going to File – Save
This document is linked from our main SPSS page under Software.