Types of Variables
Part A (4:35)
- Examples of Variables
- Definition and Examples of Categorical and Quantitative Variables
Part B (3:23)
- Definitions and Examples of Sub-Classifications
- Categorical into Nominal or Ordinal
- Quantitative into Discrete or Continuous
Part C (5:28)
- A quick but complete review of the examples and definitions in Parts A and B
- An optional discussion on Time to Event data (survival data).
- An example dataset from a heart attack study. Its variables are classified as Categorical or Quantitative as additional practice.
This document is linked from Types of Variables.
**Future Edits: Add captions to YouTube videos from transcript text