Advanced Concepts for Multi-Level Categorical Predictors and Additional Examples
- Introduction and Links to Materials
- PROC GLM
- PHC 6053 Videos (28:14)
- Examples and Learn by Doing Activities
- LEARN BY DOING: Working With Models – Part 2
In Unit 3 we will spend a significant amount of time covering the details regarding multiple linear regression. Many of the basic ideas are direct extensions of simple linear regression and many skills in interpretation and modeling will translate, at least partially, to other regression models we will cover and that you may learn in the future.
We will be using PROC GLM instead of PROC REG in this course although many analyses can be completed using PROC REG if you are willing to code all categorical variables manually. We will learn in this unit how PROC GLM can be used to correctly code categorical variables for us in our analyses which is the main reason we prefer PROC GLM for multiple linear regression in this course.
We will be using PROC GLM for simple and multiple linear regression so let’s look at some PROC GLM documentation including examples.
Advanced Concepts for Multi-Level Categorical Predictors (12:52)
Additional Example for Multi-Level Categorical Predictors (10:32)
Video – From Live Lecture on Interactions (4:50)
- Covers Slides 1-8 in thes FULL Lecture Slides. Not all lecture slides are covered in the videos you will see, we kept only the best parts but left the original slides as extra examples and so that the slide numbers would match the live recorded videos.
- Here is the SAS CODE (SAS OUTPUT) for this original lecture. Not all examples are provided in this SAS code, particularly the results which are displayed from other software package.
Now let’s look at some exercises on working with models.