Review of Important Statistical Concepts
- Introduction and Links to Materials
- PHC 6053 Video (8:14)
- Practical Significance vs. Statistical Significance with links to Videos (9:10)
- Causation with link to Video (3:55)
Before moving into inferential methods, let’s review some of the important concepts of statistical inference including
- Parameters vs. Statistics
- Sampling Distributions and Standard Errors
- Confidence Intervals
- Hypothesis Tests including p-values, errors, and power
- Bias and Variability of Estimators
- Practical/Clinical Significance vs. Statistical Significance.
- Association vs. Causation
Watch the following videos on the topic of practical or clinical significance as opposed to statistical significance.
Watch the following video:
And review the 6052 materials regarding causation: