Topic 5: A – Numeric Measures using EXPLORE
The following video illustrates exploratory data analysis for one quantitative variable by creating numerical (and graphical) summaries using ANALYZE – DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS – EXPLORE. The following files are associated with this video.
- DATASET USED:
- SPSS OUTPUT CREATED:
- Menus and Steps Used:
- Double-click on the SPSS dataset (STEP3) to open SPSS with that data loaded
- Note: Explore can obtain histograms, boxplots, and QQ-plots in addition to the numeric summaries which makes this a very nice tool!
- Go to ANALYZE – DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS – EXPLORE
- Drag quantitative variables into the Dependent list
- In STATISTICS – check percentiles if the quartiles are needed
- In PLOTS – select histogram and normality plots, if desired
- Decide whether to display statistics or plots or both
- Click OK
- Save SPSS output by going to the output and File – Save or by closing SPSS and following the prompts.